Map services provide a web-based method for end users to access geographic (map) data. The HRSA Data Warehouse (HDW) provides an ArcIMS feature service, which is a specific type of map service. The feature service provides access to the spatial data available in the HDW, including HRSA data, as well as additional layers, such as state and county boundaries, that help establish the geographic context of HRSA-specific data.
The feature service is an XML-based web service that can be used to include data from the data warehouse in custom maps developed with desktop mapping software. This service allows users to:
- Include HDW data layer(s) in custom-created maps
- Query and filter the data by location or attribute value
- Add data attributes to the existing data
- Select the symbols used to represent map data in each layer
- Create custom feature labels
The connection information is:
- Server: ims.hrsa.gov
- Service Name*: HDW_Mapping
*The service name is case-sensitive, and must be used exactly as shown. There is no user ID or password required to use the service, and there is no charge to use the service.
See the ArcCatalog for step-by-step instructions on how to connect to the service.