Check if an address is eligible for Medicare telehealth originating site* payment.
Authorized originating sites which meet the following criteria shall be designated as eligible for Medicare telehealth payment:
- Analysis indicates that the address does not fall in a metropolitan statistical area OR
- If address falls in a metropolitan statistical area, then the address must be in a rural area and be in a geographic Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
All data on eligibility for Medicare telehealth payments is updated once each year. The results of the analyzer are consistent across the entire calendar year and will be updated on January 1 of the following year.
For questions or clarification, contact Steven Hirsch at the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, 301-443-7322.
*Authorized originating sites include:
- Offices of a Physician or Practitioner
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Community Mental Health Centers
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Rural Health Clinics
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Hospital-Based or Critical Access Hospital (CAH)-Based Renal Dialysis Centers (including satellites)